Friday, September 26, 2008

Time to do this Blog thing at last.








Well, I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing here, but thought it about time to do this blog thing. It seems like a good way of letting people know what I am up to with my horses, especially as there are a few out there with a vested interest these days! :o)


At the moment, I'm in a bit of a transition phase! I have a lovely Irish Sporthorse mare, who is with a friend in Wellington, getting a few more competition outings with a view to selling her.


Violet has been wonderful - I bought her two years ago from a very dear friend, and she has shown me the ropes, and given me a taste of what it's like to have a quality horse. She's by Wynyard Agile, and is a Novice Eventer. Last weekend we went out and did our first Level 3 (elementary) dressage start at a registered comp. I was thrilled with her, as it was a step up - she came third and we now have some lovely Level 3 points to add to her CV!

I'm very sad to see her go, but it's time to move her on, so that she can go to someone who will do all the exciting stuff on her. I'm also looking forward to seeing Perfie enjoy her, as she's a far more capable jump rider than I am.



No comments: